Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cookie Exchange


Marcia Jacobs and I decided (while we were making our homemade laundry soap) to have a cookie exchange. I've always wanted to have one of these. I will post a picture of it and the invitation. I was really worried because we asked the ladies to do a lot of things (bring 12 dozen cookies on 17 plates, bring something to share for lunch, AND bring a "white elephant" gift), but everyone really liked it and had a lot of fun. We may try to switch houses next year. Most of the cookies were really good. By the way, I made Aunt Marcia's candy cane bar cookies. I love those so much! Also, everyone brought them already wrapped. Some people wrapped theirs really cute. I didn't, of course, because I was planning to give mine away with an assortment (so I took the plates apart). (Isn't it funny that Marcia looks like our auntie, but it's pronounced marsha.)
Marcia & Kim’s 1st Annual
Christmas Cookie Exchange
Thursday, December 11, 2008, 12:30 p.m.
At Marcia Jacobs’ Home

Please bring:
· 17 plastic-wrapped plates, each with 9 of your finest homemade cookies,
· Something for the potluck lunch,
· A white-elephant gift (something you don’t want or need any more), AND
· A box in which to carry everything home.

We have 17 people participating!
We realize that some of you won’t be able to be there but still want to participate. Please drop off your cookies at Marcia’s either Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Plan to pick them up Thursday afternoon/evening.
If you don’t want to participate in the cookie exchange, please let us know as soon as possible. Still feel free to come and participate in the potluck and white elephant gift exchange.


1 comment:

CK Morgan said...

mom-maybe i am dumb but I still don't get how this worked. How did you decide what to take home. Did you shuffle the cookies onto different plates or everyone just took one of everyone else's plates home.