Sunday, August 22, 2021

Homemade Hot Chocolate

 I'm here in Peru now. I love my daily hot chocolate. The Swiss Miss packets I brought with me are getting low in numbers. I found this recipe online (Eating On a Dime) and it turned out great. It's truly delicious with the cocoa and a little less calories (maybe) than the store-bought packs:

Easy Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Prep Time
5 mins
Total Time
5 mins
 

This homemade hot chocolate mix is much easier to make than you might think. It is also much cheaper to make your own hot chocolate mix than to buy in the store.

Servings
Calories74 kcal
AuthorEating on a Dime
Ingredients
  • 1 1/3 cup sugar (granulated or powdered)
  • 2/3 cup baking cocoa
  • 1/2 cups powdered milk
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Instructions
  1. Combine ingredients in a mason jar. Shake until everything is well combined.

  2. To make hot chocolate, add 1-2 tablespoons of homemade hot chocolate mix to hot water. Stir and enjoy!
Recipe Notes

Adding the powdered milk makes this hot chocolate nice and creamy and oh so yummy.

Nutrition Facts
Easy Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
Amount Per Serving
Calories 74Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Fat 1g2%
Cholesterol 3mg1%
Sodium 27mg1%
Potassium 86mg2%
Carbohydrates 16g5%
Sugar 14g16%
Protein 1g2%
Vitamin A 30IU1%
Vitamin C 0.2mg0%
Calcium 33mg3%
Iron 0.4mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

No comments: