And the recipe is:
Chocolate Clouds
(I first made these in 1993)
3 egg whites
1/8 t. cream of tartar
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
2 T cocoa
1 3/4 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place parchment (or waxed or foil if nothing else) paper on cookie sheet. In large mixer bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks hold, sugar is dissolved and mixture is glossy. Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture. Gently fold just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 35-45 minutes or just until dry. Carefully peel cookies off paper; cool completely on wire rack. Store, covered, at room temperature. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies. (Always double, but not the chips.)
Update: I am making these for the senior missionaries and people at the Area Office here in Mexico City. I decided to leave some white "vanilla" and sprinkle with crushed candy cane. They seem to have turned out nice. Also, I didn't have foil or parchment paper so I used an aluminum pan and they've peeled off fine. I also don't have a wire rack to cool haha.
2 comments:
ooh! Thanks for sharing this! I have had these at your house a few times and they are so yummy!
I do like these in theory but, whenever I make meringue cookies, I find the general lack of fat very disappointing. So, in one way, they're a great diet dessert for me in that I won't eat them if they're around ...
Post a Comment