Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cinnamon Chip Muffins



I totally didn't take that picture but it looks accurate enough to what mine looked like.


When Andrew and I go to the Cape, inevitably, I wake up first and have to make the run to the grocery store for milk. Usually, I get cinnamon chip muffins as well for a special Cape treat. Here's a recipe I found that tastes pretty good.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 bag of cinnamon chips
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Whisk the egg, milk and oil in another bowl. Make a well in the dry and pour in the wet. I read another blog that said you can never have too-lumpy muffin batter. Drop a little bit of flour (just 2 tablespoons or so should be plenty) into the bag of cinnamon chips and shake to coat them. That keeps them from sinking. Pour them all into the batter and stir in.
Spoon into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups). Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
I sprayed the tops with spray butter and then sprinkled the muffins with cinnamon sugar once they were out of the oven and it was a nice touch. 

ENJOY! 

1 comment:

Koko said...

That looks yummy! :)