I used to make this for people and they'd love it. I got the recipe from a book we got for our wedding in 1983. The first time I made it (yes, I wrote on the recipe) was January 1984. I also wrote on here that I made it for a Primary teacher's party on December 5, 1998. Also wrote "don't double".
FRENCH MINT
4 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup pecans, chopped
Melt chocolate over very low heat (pretty sure I just microwaved it). Cool. Set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat butter. Beat in sugar until fluffy (15 minutes). Add cooled melted chocolate. Beat 5 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla and peppermint extract. Place 24 paper cupcake holders in cupcake pans. Sprinkle 1 cup of chopped pecans on bottom of cupcake holders. Fill cups half full of chocolate mixture. Sprinkle 1 cup chopped pecans over tops of "cakes". Freeze 3 hours. Yield. 2 dozen.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment