Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Creamy Hamburger Potato Casserole

I decided to try a new recipe.  John and I actually really liked it, but it doesn't look pretty (I would include a pic at the bottom).  It was quite easy to make.  I will look on allrecipes to find some variations in the comments.

1 pound lean ground beef
2 cans condensed cream of mushroom (I ended up using one)
1 cup milk
1/2 t seasoned salt
ground black pepper to taste
4 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese (I used the mixed cheese and, of course, more)
1/4 c french fried onions

Prepheat oven to 350 degrees...grease a 7x11 inch baking pan (I doubled and used 9x13)
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Cook and stir beef (I added onion) in a hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease.
Mix 1 can cream of mushroom soup with milk and spices.  Fold into potatoes.
Spread half the potato mixture into the prepared pan; top with cheese.  Spoon 1/2 the ground beef over cheese layer.  Do one more time.
If you want - mix 1 can cream of mushroom with 1/2 c milk and pour over top layer.
Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Sprinkle french onions over and return for 5 more minutes.


No comments: