Thursday, October 22, 2020

Seven Can Chicken Tortilla Soup

 This recipe is from Six Sisters.  I wanted to keep it on here as John really liked.  I didn't have green salsa so put in some regular salsa and also some green chiles (small can I had).  For me it was a little spicy, but I still enjoyed it.

Ingredients

  • 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
  • 15 ounces pinto beans drained and rinsed
  • 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes drained
  • 15 ounces sweet canned corn drained
  • 12.5 ounces canned chicken breast drained
  • 10 ounces green enchilada sauce
  • 14 ounces chicken broth
  • 1.25 ounces taco seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional topping
  • 1/3 cup sour cream optional topping
  • 1 diced avocado optional topping
  • 2 cups tortilla chips optional topping

Instructions

  • Add all ingredients into a large stock pot.
  • Bring to a boil, then let simmer on low for 30 minutes. You can also cook this in your slow cooker for 2-3 hours.
  • Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, diced avocados and tortilla chips.

Nutrition

Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 1194mg | Potassium: 653mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 917IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 4mg

No comments: