Mom made something like this when we were growing up. I've made it, now, a couple of times recently for me and Priscilla. She loves it. Not sure Priscilla ever had jello before she met us haha. I will publish the recipe doubled as that's how much I love it. Also, the cheese really isn't weird! ha!
CUB SCOUT JELLO SALAD
1 large orange jello
1/2 c. sugar
2 c. cold water
1 can crushed pineapple and juice
2 cups Cool Whip (I just use most of the container)
chopped nuts (I put chopped walnuts in Priscilla's, but not in mine)
about 2 cups shredded (Longhorn) cheddar cheese...I use this
Place first four ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from stove. Place in freezer until it starts to gel. Fold in whipped cream, nuts, and cheese. Chill until firm in 9x13 pan (or divide into two smaller like I do - one nuts, one plain).
For really yum add mandarin oranges (drained) and sliced bananas.
Update: My mom absolutely adores this recipe. I have made it nearly every time I've come to Utah this year (2021). I save a little out for me without nuts and then add nuts like walnuts or pecans to hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment