Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Frosting.

You know those cupcakes that Mom makes that are so yummy? I tried this peanut butter recipe on top of them and it was so good!
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5T butter at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
Combine all ingredients but milk in bowl of electric mixer. Mix on medium-low until creamy; scraping the sides occasionally. Add milk gradually with mixer on high speed until frosting is smooth and desired consistency. Frost your cupcakes and REFRIGERATE. The butter in the frosting will melt and ruin the smooth texture of the frosting if you leave it at room temperature. If you need to bring them to a function where they will be out for more than 2 hours, I would go so far as to partially freeze them before going so they stay cold.
I got the recipe from sisterscafe.blogspot.com
I refrigerated the frosting after I made it and then frosted the cupcakes right before I served them because I didn't have room for a bunch of frosted cupcakes in my fridge. This recipe frosted about 15 big cupcakes and a whole pan of mini cupcakes (24 I think) for me and I had a little left over.

1 comment:

Koko said...

yum yum yum! I doubt it would melt at our COLD house! haha Let's make these when you come!