How did I not discover crepes 'til now? I mean MAKING crepes (instead of paying like £4). Anyway, here's the recipe Carol gave me and it works GREAT and is easy. Just remember to follow instructions, unlike what I did the first few times...still turned out, but better to follow:
2/3 c. flour
2 pinches salt optional (neither of us use)
1 large egg (I only have medium here, but it was enough)
1 T melted butter, plus extras for frying
1 1/5 c. skimmed milk
Place the flour and salt in a bowl and add the egg, melted butter and HALF the milk. Whisk until smooth and creamy, then mix in the remaining milk.
Head a 20cm (what?!) frying pan over a high heat and grease with a knob of butter. Ladle the batter in, swirling the frying pan to coat the base of the pan, and cook the crepe for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. (By the way, I only buttered the pan on every few.)
You should get about 10-12 (that's what Carol says but I only got about 6 haha).
If you are making these in advance, layer them with squares of graseproof and place in the freezer. To serve, defrost and reheat either by placing in a pan with a touch of butter, microwaving for a couple of seconds, or heating in the oven for 1 minute at 400 degrees.

2/3 c. flour
2 pinches salt optional (neither of us use)
1 large egg (I only have medium here, but it was enough)
1 T melted butter, plus extras for frying
1 1/5 c. skimmed milk
Place the flour and salt in a bowl and add the egg, melted butter and HALF the milk. Whisk until smooth and creamy, then mix in the remaining milk.
Head a 20cm (what?!) frying pan over a high heat and grease with a knob of butter. Ladle the batter in, swirling the frying pan to coat the base of the pan, and cook the crepe for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden. (By the way, I only buttered the pan on every few.)
You should get about 10-12 (that's what Carol says but I only got about 6 haha).
If you are making these in advance, layer them with squares of graseproof and place in the freezer. To serve, defrost and reheat either by placing in a pan with a touch of butter, microwaving for a couple of seconds, or heating in the oven for 1 minute at 400 degrees.

No comments:
Post a Comment