Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Bean Chili

I keep looking for this recipe on this blog and haven't found it so here it is....I like to make this as it tastes good but doesn't use meat (not that I don't like meat....):


Bean Chili

1-2 cans black beans
1-2 cans butter beans
1-2 cans kidney beans
1-2 cans any other beans
1 onion, chopped
1 c. water
1 c. fresh, frozen, or canned corn
1 c. diced tomatoes
½ c. chopped green onions
½ c. tomato paste
¼ c. diced canned jalapeno peppers (I use green chili’s)
2 t. chili powder
1 t. prepared mustard
½ t. ground cumin
¼ t. dried oregano leaves.
 
Drain and rinse your beans. Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot.  Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours.  Obviously the more beans you put in, the more you make.  If you add lots of beans, increase the amounts of everything else.  Simple!  (Adapted from the Made Lighter recipe book.)

No comments: